Skip to main content
The mid-year or maybe mid-life crisis is upon me.  I have lost all physical and mental stability that I had.  I am tired, extremely unmotivated,  brain dead and emotional.  I have already had 2 mini melt downs about homeschooling - fearing my ability and decision.  Every time I try to read something I don't comprehend a darn word, it is like my brain is completely fogged over.  I also have a pity party going on in my head for myself.  I have not been necessarily depressed on the outside but the thoughts are constantly going and it seems like it never rests. I can tell I am on over drive because I have crazy off the wall very vivid dreams when this happens, and so far for the last 2 weeks this has been the case nearly every night

After some thinking and praying last night I thought about this... if a person is not growing, then they are dying.  Growth is something I can honestly say has not happened for quite some time.  Myself and this family have been on the straight and narrow for the last 5 years.  No changes, No growth.  Play it safe and keep it routine. There are lots a things in the "bank", per say, but for one reason or another they just don't ever seem to work out.  Some things, sadly, have not happened due to lack of effort.  Other things, just haven't found the right time.  


 
The weather here has cooled by about 15 degrees this evening in a matter of hours. The beautiful sunny sky of the day clouded over as the sun set. The rain has steadily but gently been falling ever since.  It is peaceful sitting here with the window open listening to it, it has a way of completely quieting the mind and the world around me.  There is no wind but the smell of wet earth is very strong and fills the room. 
I think I will sit here for a little while, forget about the chores I still have to do and appreciate the blessing of senerity He has just given me.  

Comments

Cynthia said…
Just found your blog...you seem like a wonderful mother and have a gorgeous daughter! If there is one word of advice for a new homeschooler it would be to be *extremely* easy on yourself at first and be careful not to stress so much that you burn out. Keep in mind that one on one time counts for more time spent than a child sitting in a class room with so many other children that all need and get the teacher's attention. Hang in there....I posted a happy homeschooling blog. :-)
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.