Skip to main content

Christmas Countdown.

I love doing Advent calendars :) I have tried in the past to be successful in making and sticking with the full 25 days and making it a lot of fun....sad to say but that has been an epic fail up until this year!!!  YAY! I actually had it done, all presents/activities/goodies bought and planned and my mom helped me get it all set up and ready.

The odd days she gets a small gift.  Most are xmas activities or crafts but there are a few small misc gifts and the even days are small treats or trinkets that fit into the pockets.

Here is the one I am using this year.  We bought it at our annual trip to Bronners Christmas store...a must see in Michigan I might add.  It was only $11.  I thought that was a steal.  It is felt with number little pockets that velcro shut.  I have it draped along the bay window in our dining room.



Day 1 were these Xmas clothes pins.  I got them from Hobby Lobby...my favorite place! for HALF off! and there are 3 of each kind for only $1.50
She didn't want to do them last night when she opened them but today to asked to try it out.  At first she only wanted to do the bell but then decided it was actually fun so she completed the other 2 as well!

Day 2.  Penguin nail clippers.  Yes even at the age of 9 my lovely daughter HATES to have her nails clipped especially her toe nails.  We still deal with drama and carrying on every time we have to do it.   Thankfully the last couple of times she was successful in trimming her own fingers.  This pair of clippers is really easy to handle, grip and they are small so they are perfect for her hand.  Now mommy is hoping maybe she can start to trim her own toes too! :)

While cleaning the house we also managed to get up a majority of the Christmas decorations too.  So I tried to get a few pictures to share.

 My huge china hutch! Since both of my grandparents have passed away I have acquired the train set village which I absolutely LOVE! My grandmother and I spent 2 years painting each and everyone of these houses.  It was a labor of love.  We don't do trains because of the pets and honestly these hold a really special place in my heart and memories so I think they are worthy of the china hutch.  There are mirrors in the back, so please know that my cat is not in the cabinet! LOL




 My unfinished buffet table in the dinning room.  I have managed some lights and a nativity scene and a few lights in the palm tree.



 Olena's room.  A christmasy book shelf and a purple tinsel tree.  Nope, that picture is not upside down.  We hung the tree from the ceiling.  It was a fun idea that will also prevent a certain new puppy in our home from destroying it. 


Christmas tree, living room and more lights to come this weekend! 

Good night everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.