Skip to main content
Sorry, I haven't been posting much about us lately, I honestly just haven't felt like blogging.

First before I forget, if you haven't already you need to check out Toyna's blog (Kissacks) because she has the funniest video on there. I was cracking up :)

Well try to bring you up to date.

Me ; marathon running. I have been exercising at least 4 days a week but unfortunately I know I need to push it a lot harder and soon. But I have been under the weather with a few different things lately which has really sucked my energy. At this current time I am suffering with a huge swollen eye lid...why? I have no clue. I hurt yesterday, I woke up this morning with some swelling and throughout the day it has slowly grown larger. Now I sit here typing away with my left eye barely open! good news :) the house is perfectly quite. Lana is with my parents and Jason is at an expo for work - ALONE AT LAST!!! I must admit, I don't like it for too long but for a couple of hours is great!

I haven't posted much about my weight loss either. I am down a total of about 63 lbs. For about the past 2-3 months I have been losing about 1-2 lbs a week, which I know is appropriate but I am impatient.

Olena is doing great. The end of September will be the end of her OT, at least for now. I hope that we are able to maintain everything at home and I am pretty confident we'll be successful, but her OT Teresa has been an angel and I am a little nervous that she won't be a part of our weekly routine anymore, but the fall is pretty busy for us not to have to worry about OT will be nice. She has gymnastics with my mom, and now a tap/ballet class, we have joined the library story hour one evening a week, she will be also going to another gymnastics class with Ethan on Saturdays. She has officially grown into a 3T. She is so tall I just can't believe it. I was a little late on preparing for this growth spurt and due to my neglect my poor daughter had to take her preschool pictures in a pair of 24 month jeans that were about 2 inches too short. I felt so bad! I do have a logical excuse though. The picture day notices and letters that were sent out said that picture day was Tuesday at 8am. Olena doesn't get to school until 9:45 so I figured she would miss it, no big deal. Well it happened to be the first pretty cold fall day of the year so I had to pull her jeans out, which to my surprise were completely hilarious. So then I started the progression of going through her drawers and putting on every pair of pants...too short...too short...too short. Out of panic I run downstairs, grab the tote of "bigger clothes" and start rummaging through them, pulled about about 5 pair of pants that looked pretty good and ran back up. Put the first pair on, pulled them up, let go and they fell down. Oh crap. Put the second pair on. Still big but ah, a belt, yes a belt. I snatch the belt out of her closet put it on, pull it nice and tight, stand back and look at her. If you could have seen the look on her face :) her pants were so bunched in the waist it looked like she was wearing a ruffle. ok take those off, on to the next. Well needless to explain those too, were all too big. I was already 25 minutes behind schedule so I figured who the heck cares, its only preschool. I grabbed the floods, put them on and off we went. 10:15 I'm running through the doors dragging her behind me and to my surprise here comes her class walking down the line. Her teacher beaming with happiness..."good morning Olena, you are just in time. we are the last class and we are heading down right now to get our pictures!" OH NO! Now if your old school like me, you are probably thinking whats the big deal? school pictures are only head shots! think again. The order form they gives us shows FULL BODY with scenery background. You could chose a fall theme or just gray on a chair. What the heck happened to head shot?? I'll have to scan and post that picture when it comes in.

October is a busy month for us too. We have a big Halloween party at my parents house, there are several fall festivals and community events throughout the month of Sept and Oct in our city, and I love going to the cider mill.

Comments

Jen G. said…
LOL!!! She has officaly joined the club of nerds, short pants! That's great!
Tonya said…
Lyra is flooding out of her 3T pants now. I can't believe it either. She can still wear a 2T-3T shirt though. She just has really long legs. It's the Ukie blood, I guess.

Great job on the jogging! I have GOT to schedule in some time for excercise and then discipline myself to take it!

And I'm glad you liked the angry old lady video. But if anyone goes to my blog today, all they are going to see is Ron Paul talking about ecomomics! LOL! Amd economics is not funny AT ALL right now! But the thought that someone may think you were sending them over to watch Ron Paul because you cracked up IS funny! LOLOLOLOL! I can imagine them saying "has Christina lost her mind!? She must be hard up for humor!"

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.