Skip to main content
After several weeks of thinking, and praying for "answers" I believe that I am going to Homeschool Olena. This has been something that I have always felt in my heart but never thought I could make it a reality. I have thought about it so much and every time I look for a different road, I just get lead right back to Homeschooling.
I have some preparation to do to get myself and our family ready - but once that is settled I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. Unfortunately we are not in a situation that allows me to be a stay at home mom, (though it is something that Jason and I have always wanted) but I am lucky enough to have a healthcare education so I am going to get myself set up to work 2 days a week/ 12 hour shifts. I work 5 days a week/5 hours a day now, so hourly I will still be working part time. Another bonus is taking this type of position will also increase my hourly pay dramatically which always is a big help. While working only 2 days, I could do that on the weekend when Jason is home or she can stay with family for a few hours until J gets off work. Being able to homeschool and work has been my biggest hurdle, and now that I seem to have found the remedy, I am strongly considering moving forward with it. We still have a few years to prep so that helps, but now all the research begins!

Any advice from you homeschool moms? Tonya, I am SO counting on your support :)

Comments

Tonya said…
You know you SO have it:):):).

For right now, just try to make it all fun. You don't want her to burn out. Count cookie dough balls while you are baking. Give her chocolate chips to add and subtract with while you wait for the cookies to come out of the oven. Draw letters in the sandbox (great for sensory things too, especially if you sit in the sand and have bare feet:)). Speaking of which, I have GOT to get Landon to bring home some wood so that Noah can build Lyra a sandbox. She is our only kid so far not to have a sandbox as a toddler. Darn it! Cant have that now can we.

Anyway. School for littles should be all fun. She'll do great at home with you.

HOmeschool conferences are great. Make sure you find out where and when your state conference is or you can just come down here and go to mine with me.

I am so excited for you! It sounds like you have things worked out nicely. HOmeschooling has its moments, but it is all worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.