Skip to main content
Well in case the home school post doesn't interest you, let me tell you a little about our past few days.

We completed our floor in the living room and I must admit, it is gorgeous and very cozy. Not to mention that I have been able to move the furniture around and make some good changes. We took the TV out, figured it is not really needed, and WOW! what a great change. It has given us lots more room and it is now so peaceful and relaxing. Jason took apart our old entertainment center and made me a beautiful book case! He did a wonderful job, so Olena had somewhere to put her books and I had some space from my photo obsession :)

The biggest accomplishment was the fact that Jason and I have hit this point in our lives were we feel "simple" is best. We have spent years worrying about our careers, our finances, our family. We come home stressed, we bicker, we would sometimes live separate lives in our own home. He would be doing one thing, I would be doing another, it was just too much. So finally it hit me, and SIMPLIFY was the answer. We are going through everything in the house and getting rid of tons of stuff. If we haven't used it in 6months, its gone, if we are "saving it"- we don't need it - its gone! A friend is need of some home goods, so I went through all of my extras and figured he needed it more than me. All of those gift gadgets you seem to acquire every holiday, like the little G. Foreman grill, or mini fondue pot, what the heck do I need these for. They had 2 inches of dust of them. So I gave them away. The Salvation Army I am sure is beginning to wonder if I have anything left in my house. Organizing and making everything as comfortable, and stress free as possible. So far, it has been great. Your day runs smoother with a calming and organized surrounding...I guess we are creating a new and revived Zen in our home! I will be nice of have the house clutter free especially with winter coming!

We have the big Halloween Party at my parent this weekend so that will be a good time. I will post some pictures next week. Lana is going as Little Red Riding Hood, I am going to be Grandma and J's gonna be the wolf :) I am trying to throw a few things together this week.
For the actual Halloween Olena is going to be Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, her new favorite movie! We just don't want to her trash her costume at the party because it is held outdoors. she is really digging the idea of Halloween this year and actually likes to be scared, its cute. She has been asking me to put on the scarey masks and "get her"! she's too cute! I'm just excited I get the spend the whole night in a pair of cozy flannel PJs, now thats a party!! :)

Comments

ArtworkByRuth said…
O please come and clean my house too! I keep packing it up to take to Goodwill and someone turns around and unpacks for me!
We are doing on-line homeschooling for our 9th grader this year. Socialization is everything to a teen, that is why we are separating academics from party time...so she knows the difference! Good luck and God bless!
adoptedthree said…
Wow that was interesting and very head on! I cant wait to see her halloween outfits they sound precious. Oksana will miss the big event as she is having surgery and inpatient stay of about four days :(

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.