Skip to main content
Christmas has come and gone and truthfully I am happy it is over. I hate to say that, but it turned out to be stressful and somewhat of a disappointment because I was unable to maintain the quite, calm and memorable holiday I was shooting for. It did end on a good note, and I am slowly recuperating but dreading the weeks ahead of taking down xmas decorations and reorganizing my storage in the basement.

Olena had a great Christmas and as always she ended up with far more than she can deal with or ever need but she did get some wonderful gifts this year. Jason's dad got her a train table which she loves, my grandfather built her an amazing rocking horse, she got her own little tent, and even a bowling alley....yes I said alley. My parents got her a 7ft electronic bowling alley that even has a ball return. I must admit it is pretty sweet and I look forward to family bowling night at the Warchol's! :)

At this point her favorite has been the Hot Wheels set . It has been the toy of choice over the past two days and she loves it...who would have thought!

I have been thinking lately a lot about where I want to go with this blog into the New Year. Day to day stuff is nice for family and friends, but I feel bored. and I often feel sorry for you all because I can't imagine why anyone would want to read about our boring life. So with that being said I want to try and bring a point to this blog and if possible even help others...but how!!??!!

We are still "working" on expanding the family but the funds are not there for fertility and adoption is not really an option until Jason can find another job - so with all of this on hold not too much to talk about here! I have been leaning towards sharing our experiences with Olena and her FAE. The challenges we face with her sensory issues (SID) and attachment problems (RAD) and the therapies that we currently do. but I am not sure yet...??

Anyhow, Happy New Year to everyone. We wish you all lots of happiness and good health!

Comments

Jennifer said…
I love reading your blog! And, I have the SID issues with Z - so I can relate.
Tonya said…
I like reading about your day to day life:). I like to think about doing something with my blog too but I'm too tired. Thank goodness Solomon gives me fodder for a funny post here and there.
Martinfamily4 said…
I am a reader - just lack the comments - keep it up.... Love to hear about Olena.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.