Skip to main content
This past week and a half has been boot camp week. The behavior of our lovely daughter has been atrocious lately and so it was time to buckle down again and get her back from the land of naughty children. She is an extremely scheduled child. She functions much better, behaves a lot better and is much happier when she is on her routine. The month of November was very hectic and busy, and she spent a lot of time with some family while J and I worked so the constant change of the schedule each day was making for a very unpleasant child.
We seem to be just about back to normal - the manners are back and there is a lot less whining so mom and dad are much happier.

I am in the process of completing her annual report. When you adopt from Ukraine you agree to send a report once a year for 3 years and than every other year until they are 18. The report is basic questions about what type of child she is, medical conditions, and family lifestyle. And then they ask for 10-12 photos...which right now I am mad about because I need ink and I don't want to spend the $40 to buy it. There have been tons of controversy and the lots of adoption law changes due to families not filing these reports. As minor or nosey as it sounds, that the rules and if we want to continue helping the children of Ukraine...this is what we have to do.

I am actually pretty exciting about Christmas. It is always my favorite time of year. I love the music and that is something that O has also grown fond of, she is constantly singing Christmas carols and listening to it on the radio. We are defiantly Christmas movie junkies in this house too... I love all of the classics White Christmas (which I will be watching tonight) the Holiday Inn, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, all the old cartoons, and even the cheesy made for TV movies. I love it all!!! Now if we could just get some of that snow that seems to be going around. It seems like everyone around us got it. There is nothing better than a true white christmas with tons of snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.