Skip to main content
We try to incorporate traditional Ukrainian dishes during the Holidays so that Olena can experience some of it. This is our 3rd year making a Ukrainian pirogi and this year I am going to attempt Borsch. I have done it in the past but I got the recipe off line and it didn't taste the same. Gene emailed me his family recipe earlier this week....thought I would share in case any of you are interested! Have fun translating! :)

Borsch Ukrainian with meat.
In boiling bone clear soup lay meat, cook him to readiness, take out and cut on portion. A beet is chopped by a straw, salt, splash by vinegar, mix and extinguish with addition of fat from meat-stock, tomato-puree, sugar to semireadiness. Onion is chopped a straw and slightly toast with fat. In a clear soup put the potato cut pieces, take to boiling.Add a slicing(cut) straw a fresh cabbage and cook 15 minutes, mortgage the stewed beet, and bow. Cut fresh tomatoes, Bulgarian pepper, slightly toasted flour and boil 5 minutes, whereupon refuel borsch fat, pounded with a garlic, take to boiling and give insisted during 20-25 mins. At a serve in a dish lay the piece of the boiled meat, sour cream and greenery of parsley.

Ingredients:Beef 54, bones 100, a cabbage is fresh 75 potato 100, carrot 25, root of parsley 10, Onion 5-6, garlic 2, tomato-puree 20 or tomatoes are fresh 75, a pepper is Bulgarian 10, a flour is a wheat 3, fat 5, fat 5, sour cream 20, sugar 5, vinegar (3%), 8, greenery of parsley 5, a pepper is black, a pepper is sweet-scented, a sheet is laurel, salt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can always give you the Polish recipe!
Tonya said…
I laughed right out loud! Tell Gene Hi for me. I don't know if he remembers me or not but tell him Hi anyway. Good luck with that soup!:):):)

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.