Skip to main content

Daily Life...

Not too much has been going on around here lately. The winter blues are starting to kick in and we are all getting cabin fever. When the three of us spend an evening all in different rooms because we honestly just need a break, you know Spring needs to come quick!
I have however, taken advantage of the few wintry days we have left and have been somewhat productive. I spent the weekend cleaning and organizing my closets...bathroom, and bedrooms - and I even completely empty the pantry cupboard and reorganized. Life seems so less chaotic when things are nice are tidy! This motivated me so much and made me feel so good I decided to start my own Home Management Binder. I heard Tonya mention this first, and then it was like I started reading a flurry of blogs that discussed it. I took a couple of hours on Sunday night and goggled it - which brought me to many blogs and sites. I did some research, figured out what would work best for us, and put it all together by the time I went to bed! These past 2 days have been HEAVEN! Why the heck aren't mom's/wives screaming about this idea from the roof tops. From the moment I wake up until I go to bed, I am organized and I know what to expect of the day/evening. I even did the weekly menu and that has been aw some as well. I KNEW what I needed to do everyday, I was just too scrambled to actually get it all done! and I am trying to improve our budget especially when it comes to groceries so the menu is a blessing. So life right now is very stress free and enjoyable - lets hope I keep it up. For those of you who "share" chores with the family or Hubby, this works great. I work and so does Jason, so he is responsible for helping keep the house clean. He has very few "chores" yet he seems to have a severe case of amnesia when it comes to remembering to do them. After a few weeks this usually turns into an argument because I am completely burnt out and stressed beyond belief having to do everything around here. Anyhow, I have a weekly list of house hold tasks that need to be completed. There is a list for him, and a list for me. Not only does this remind him to do it, but my list is always a lot longer so maybe he can now see just how lucky he is :) None-the-less....the Home Management Binder is a life saving tool to your sanity. If you don't have one, make one. Trust me!
Since I had lots of free time, Lana and I got to play a good competative game of Colorforms Silly Face! We had a lot of fun! I posted some pictures of winner! She won both games, fairly!
Oh btw, for those of you wondering...since my surgery I have lost 26 lbs. Things are going great so far!




Comments

Tonya said…
What a fun looking game! I am going to have to find that one.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.