Skip to main content

Nic Names and such

I just finished going through all of the blogs in my favorites and of course Tonya always has something fun to say. Her last post being about nic names. Lana is a nic name in it's self I suppose; being that her name is Olena. On the fun side of things she is normally called either ChiChi or Lanabug. ChiChi is shortened from Monchichi! Not sure if any of you remember the Monchichi ? When I was little, I had one. They were these two little stuffed monkeys with plastic faces and plastic hands. One was a boy and the other a girl. Some were puppets and the most exciting thing they did was suck their thumbs. Don't ask me why, but it was one of my favorite toys :) Well that is where I got Monchichi because when we came home she was so tiny and cute just like my favorite Monchichi. Throughout the year it has fazed out to just chiChi! It is funny because if I walk into the local Walgreen’s everyone is always asking "where's chichi today?" She has paparazzi everywhere we go. The other nic name Lanabug is used every once in awhile and I think the name explains it pretty well. I gave her this name when she was being a PITA (aka Pain.In.The.Ass) she can really be a bugger when she has her mind set on something!!!

Ok beyond that, she did have her 3 year well visit back at the end of January. Of course healthy as came be but she is still so tiny. She weighed in at a whopping 24lbs and 35 inches tall. That is only a 5 lb increase since being home. Height wise she has grown 6 inches or so. I do not worry about it because I know she is healthy and she eats well so I have nothing to fear. It just amazes me how little yet strong she is. Her arm and leg strength is amazing.

Behavior wise she is still doing pretty well. Just like any toddler we have our days. Now that things are settled with my surgery and I have been able to interact with her a bit more she has made great progress this week. She was being cared for by a few different family members and she spent quite a few nights away from home so I could rest. This is not a good environment for her. She is very much a home body and is very comfortable within these walls. Once outside she has a bit of trouble adjusting. She usually will not eat, poop or sleep if she is not at home. Therefore if she is gone for a few days, we end up with a crabby, starving, tired, clogged toddler and it takes us a few days to get her back to normal. I'm sure the fact that she grew up in the orphanage has a lot to do with this. She is slowly getting better - so I am sure she will grow out of it soon enough.

Her stuttering has improved a lot too!!! We are still working on her speech - and it sounds much better if she takes her time but she tries to talk so fast it comes out all slurred together. but we know the "vocabulary" but at least communication is not a problem. Poor Grampie, was having some trouble understanding her when he was watching her for a few weeks. When I would come to pick her up she would babble on about all of the things that Grampie did and how he did not listen to her. Funny!!

Well I will cut it short now. reading long posts can be daunting so I would rather keep them short and sweet. Besides it will give me more chances to blog daily if I have more to talk about.

Comments

Tonya said…
So we have Bitty and Chichi. I wonder what Angelina's nic is.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.