Skip to main content
1st birthday home - Age 2
1/20/07

BLOG POST FROM HER 2ND BIRTHDAY:
1/20/2007Finally after the long weekend, I sat in her room Sunday night rocking her to sleep and thinking about the events of the previous days. There were lots of things that we did that were "firsts" in her life. I watched her face light up with joy as we sang Happy Birthday to her, I seen her curious eyes explore everything while we were in the pool, and I heard her squeels of joy when we went down the slide. These are all things that I will remember in the years to come, and the things that will warm my heart with each passing birthday. Then I kid you not, at that moment she sat up kissed me and said "LA LOU" (which is her way of saying "love you") that was it - right then and there- it hit me. I love my daughter, she was mine, and she is perfect for us. She is here with us learning how to be part of a family...she is learning how to love and to be loved. She is learning what it is like to be a little kid, and she is developing her own likes and dislikes. Granted I wasn't in her life when her little body came into this world, but I am with her now...when her spirit is being born. Happy Birthday Olena!




3rd birthday...seems singing Happy Birthday will always be the best part :)



Happy 4th Birthday my big girl!

I can hardly believe she is already 4 years old. As all of you know, time flys. But on the other hand I am really starting to love the new grown up Lana too. She is a funny girl and has lots of personality. And don't get me wrong, she is a handful when she wants to be and there are a few members of the family that tend to spoil her a bit too much but she is such a great kid. She listens, she follows directions 98% of the time on the first request, she has great manners - Mother may I, please and thank yous are part of her daily vocabulary. She is a big helper and loves when others ask her to help. She is a little girl that people enjoy being around and that makes me so proud.
I have lots of people tell me that we're too strict but those are the same people who's kids control them and thier household. J and I take pride in our structure and though we do slack at times, we work as a team and bring things back together when the seams start to unravel. We have lots to learn but we look up to some pretty wonderful couples. Because of them, we have guidance and a "worn" path to follow. My great days with my daughter heavily out weigh the bad, and all I can do is pray that we'll be strong enough to make sure it stays that way as our family grows.

Comments

ArtworkByRuth said…
Wow, a birthday and a historical inaguration all in one day! Happy Birthday O! Great pics!
Martinfamily4 said…
I am still reading - just wanted to let you know....enjoying the posts...especially the ice! Brrrr

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.