Skip to main content

We are alive...

I am such a slacker. The worst part of it is that I have promised myself every night for the past week that I was going to update this blog. So tonight I am finally keeping that promise to myself, however I will have to keep it short being that I am in total pain right now. I am in dire need of a visit to the chiropractor and I am praying that I will still be alive in the morning. It is a strong possibility that my neck just might snap like a chicken bone and my head will go rolling onto the floor....at least that is how it feels.

We had a marvelous Holiday. The whole family, especially O was blessed with lots and lots of gifts from the family. With Jason losing his job, everyone has started to worry so many of them went above and beyond to help us out with gift cards for groceries and things like that. We are very grateful and would never be able to survive without our wonderful families. O got way more than she ever could need but I have to admit she got some really great stuff and LOTS of it. Not to mention that her birthday is on the 20th...thus the reason for the bday themed background :) she will be FOUR!! OMG!

She has started speech therapy and in only a few sessions we have already noticed some great improvement. The testing showed that she has the communication skills of a 28 month old. though you may think that this means she is "behind", technically she is right on track. We have been home with her for 25 months. Though she is on track and we shouldn't really worry about it, I am doing it more so for her. She tends to get frustrated when others can't understand her. Then when she gets frustrated she either gives up or gets mad, neither which I like to deal with. I am hoping that this will give her a bit more confidence, besides I love listening to the little crazy things she comes up with. Today she worked on perfecting her Fs and she was saying it perfectly about 90% of the time. The therapist taught her to hold her lower lip in with her index finger while pronouncing the word, it worked great! I look forward to continuing I think by summer we are going to hear a completely different little girl.

I will get some pictures posted and I promise to update about a few more things by the end of the week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.