Skip to main content
First and most important Congratulations to the Kissacks. Looks like a baby girl is going to be joining their family soon. Big (((hugs))) to all of them and I cannot wait to meet her in the fall!
Also HAPPY FOURTH BIRTHDAY LYRA! (I know I am a few days early but I probably won't post again for a few days)

Gene (our friend/translator) and his wife will be having their baby girl any day now'
Ms. Theresa (Olena's OT) is due with her little girl - Addison - on Feb. 3
and then there is Aunt Jenny, who's baby girl will arrive in May.
There is lots of Sugar and Spice in the air these days. babies babies every where.

Some more great news, later this month Ukrainian Angels will have 'helped' 1000 families find their forever children! That is amazing! Cathy and her entire team are amazing and I know that many of us would not have been able to complete our dreams without her.

Seems chores are on the mind, I thought today I would share Olena's new chore list and talk a little bit about some new things we are doing with her. Before I logged on, I decide to read the Kissack blog and sure enough Tonya hit the subject before me.
O has always been responsible for a few things but when she hit 4 I figured it was time to get a set list of chores. Chores do not mean just cleaning up after herself, that has always been the general rule in this house. When she is done with something - she knows she has to clean it up and put it away. She needs a bit of practice doing this with her books because my house is constantly littered with books everywhere but she is very good about keeping her toys tidy otherwise.

Her new list consist of emptying the bathroom garbage can, brushing her teeth in the am/pm, feeding the dogs and picking up their dishes when they are done, feeding her fish, help setting the table, and she has to dry and put away all of the pots/pans/silverware after dinner. Since she can't read everything yet I made signs with her chore and a picture, laminated them, and hung them throughout the house. When she completes the chore she gets to pick a sticker from her sticker box and put it on her sign. At this point she doesn't get any rewards other than the stickers. I don't want her getting use to be rewarded for doing her share - it should just be expected. When she goes above and beyond or does something without being prompted or reminded I will usually give her a sucker or some gum and make sure I tell her how proud I am of what she did. I started on Monday and she already has all the chores down pat and will often remind us of what she still needs to do for the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.