Skip to main content

The pressure is on!!

OMG, not even 24 hours I have 2 comments...that means that there are still people reading this blog and even checking it daily. Truthfully, it still amazes me people find anything I write interesting, but to all of you who do THANK YOU! I love the comments, they make me smile! and sometimes even cry (in a good way of course).

I figured while I had a moment I would chime in on a few things that I thought of after I posted last night.

Olena is back in gymnastics and was even invited into the advanced class :) she is my little jumping gymnast. In my own opinion, though she is very strong and is able to preform all of her "stunts" (not sure what you would call this?) she is lazy about it. Guess I am too tough, but after class on the drive home I always give her a hard time..."don't you think you could stretch your arms a bit taller and straighter on your landings? next time when you do your tumbling be sure to remember to point your toes?" :)
I promise I am not some crazy stage mom, I just like her to be aware of what is necessary. I do have to sit on a freezing, uncomfortable, jam packed bleacher for 2 hours. The least she can do it give it her best!! LOL
Truthfully, while I know she loves the class I dread going and we have to go tonight so I am a bit cranky about it. Remember a few months back how elated I was about this?...mainly because it was going to give me at least 1 hour of good reading time. Well in 6 weeks, it hasn't happened once. Jason got me a Kindle for xmas, which I take with me and every single week, while reading my Kindle I have had someone interrupt me to ask how I like it and then the conversations never seem to end. I LOVE people, I love making new friends but all I want to do is have a moment to actually read a chapter of something without interruption. I don't have to stop to yell at dog for chewing something, get up to let a dog out who is bugging, yell at a dog who is barking for 10 minutes straight, squirt a cat with the water gun for scratching my couch, answer a phone because work is calling, answer one of the many 100 questions my lovely 6 year old has for me, or even deal with a loving husband who never seems to have anything to say until I pick up a book. EVERY single week for 6 weeks!! I am tempted to write a letter or make a little flyer advertising how I adore my Kindle and never leave home without it. I can put it in everyone's cubby and answer the one burning question they all want to ask. or maybe I should seek out the same person every week and sit by her?? she wouldn't have to ask about the Kindle, but then again maybe she'll want to talk recipes?

The FedEx guy just came and he brought me lots of goodies! my delivery from Barnes and Noble. I must have been half asleep the night I ordered this stuff because there were a ton of things in there that I don't even remember ordering. They had a great deal going on and I only spent $30 and got free shipping. I got a 1st grade curriculum guide book (780 pages, it looks like a yellow pages), a 1st grade test prep book, 3 boxes of flash cards (States and Capitals, Phonics, and Sight words), 4 "I can read books", 4 Judy Blum books and a sight words/handwriting work book. I feel like I hit the jack pot!
Speaking of school, this week we had 3 successful days in a row so far...knock on wood. Met our goals and our deadlines, all without any fuss. She caught on quick to what we were studying and she didn't struggle so that usually makes the day go by smoother. When I start to work on things that challenge her, she tends to make the lesson difficult. Starts to fuss, wiggles around, gets distracted, etc. So we regroup and go onto something else. But for sanity sake I kept the lesson plan pretty basic this week. I am more so concerned with getting her back into the swing of our schedule.

I do have to more to discuss but I will save it for later tonight or tomorrow, we have to start getting ready for "gym class"!

((HUGS)) to you all!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know exactly how you feel about the Kindle...Ben bought be the Barnes & Noble Nook and I'm completely obsessed with it. It comes everywhere with me!

So glad you're posting again!
Tonya said…
I'd love to put L in gymnastics but I have no idea how we would fit that into the schedule. I refuse to live life in a car while taxiing everyone around so we are very picky about who does what.

I mostly teach her gymnastics in the living room:).

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.