Skip to main content

time change syndrome

I am completely suffering due to the time change. It is unbelievable how one hour can make such a drastic change in your schedule. Today I am totally dragging butt, and at this moment nothing sounds better than a nice nap. Jason is now on afternoons so for the last 2 weeks I have gotten into the habit of going to bed at 11:30. When he gets home we often sit up and talk but I am beginning to realize that I just can't keep the pace with only 5-6 hours of sleep. For the last 2 1/2 years I have been in bed and laying on my pillow by 10p the latest! worst part about the late nights is even though I go to bed later, my wake up call still comes in at 5am. sigh...

Outside of being tired and falling terribly behind in my chores things are going pretty well.
I have been sewing/making burp clothes and few other baby items to sell at a mom to mom sale and on line for a little extra money. That has been interesting. I am not much of a sewer. My mom....she is awesome. Me, not so much!! but I am learning. I get better with each one I make :) Last night when I made a complete one without having to use my seam riper once, I was a very happy girl. Lets hope that luck continues.

Olena is growing like a weed. She has been complaining for the last few weeks about her legs hurting. She has been sleeping a lot and she eats constantly so I new a big sprout was coming. Then I looked at her this afternoon and I couldn't believe my eyes. I swear she grew an inch and it is all in her legs.

Her newest fascination is roller skating. She would roller skate all day if I let her. She is not all that great at actually skating and gliding, but she gets around and very rarely falls down so I am sure it won't be long. Besides with this ridiculously long and cold Michigan weather, her skating has been confined to the dining room which really doesn't offer much space to glide.

Green 101:
the oven cleaner recipe I posted last week is FABULOUS!! I used it over the weekend. I will try and download all of my pictures tonight to show you. I did it on Saturday night and cleaned it up on Sunday. The clean up consisted of using a metal spatula running it right across the oven and simply scrapping up the mess. I threw it all in a garbage can, used a wash cloth with a little bit of the all purpose cleaner (water, vinegar and dish soap) wiped it down and it was gleaming!!! I was so impressed. and most of all happy I didn't have to use that awful smelling toxic oven cleaner!

I am also looking to start using a new laundry soap. We use to make it, then we went a powder that I found a Walmart for a great price. But here is what I learned the other day - within ten minutes of putting your clothes on the chemicals from your laundry soap are circulating through your body. To prove this - cut a clove of garlic and put it between your toes *just next to the big one is fine* and wait 10 minutes. what happens? you start to taste the garlic in your mouth.
I know I cannot eliminate all of the stuff that goes into our bodies, but what things I can control easily seem silly not to do. In reality, the idea of using all of these chemicals on a daily basis is fairly "new". As consumers we have only been doing this for the last 50 years or so. We now see huge numbers of cancers, autism and diseases we didn't deal with back then. But its no wonder, we slowly poison our bodies every single day with the products we use. Not trying to be obsessive, just conscientious. Anyone have any recommendations? Need something natural and affordable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.