Skip to main content

Misfits Angels Dog Rescue

For those of you who follow regularly, you know we are bully breed lovers.  Jason and I have always been supporters for the breed and firmly believe that the owners are responsible for their dogs and their behavior.  Yes they are a breed that has aggressive tendencies, they are strong, they are hunters, especially when in a pack, and they can be stubborn! oh and did I mention they DO NOT get lock jaw...no dogs do! it is an urban myth.  Yes they have a powerful jaw and bite but they can release their jaw.  On the flip side of the coin, they are also mighty protectors of their families, they are loyal, they are easily trained, dedicated, LOVE kids, silly, loving, cuddlers, and most are very compatible with other animals.  Believe me, the great things far out weigh the bad.  Should everybody get a pit bull? NO, they are not for everyone or every family.  They require work, discipline, exercise, companionship, and dedication.  I love my dogs.  They are truly part of our family, and I couldn't imagine our lives without them....though I would love the idea of clean floors, and a hairless house!!!!! sigh!!! a lady can dream! :)

With that being said, Misfit Angels is a local dog rescue here in our town.  It is ran by our good friend Jenn and she is nothing short of amazing.  The dedication and love she gives to so many animals is just unbelievable!

I wanted to start getting some more practice with my photography skills so I have started volunteering for her rescue and have been taking photos especially of the dogs who are hard to place.  I think so far, a majority of my work has resulted in adoptions! :)   I have to admit, photographing dogs is a lot more challenging than people but it sure can be fun! ....and a little secret....it takes about 200 pictures to get about 7-10 good ones.  blah! practice practice practice.  LOL

Thought I would share a few.  Many of these dogs have very sad stories of neglect.  Some where found on the streets of Detroit, some strays, some mutilated like Bobby who walked on his elbows and was chewed up and tore open from ear to ear on this throat, of even Shadow who was found left for dead under a bush covered in chemical burn.   These beautiful fur friends are now healthy, loving and ready to bring a family the love and protection thanks to the many volunteers and people who have the heart to care. 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.