Skip to main content

Olena updates

For those interested in her progress....
  • she will start a 2nd grade curriculum this year.  She is still struggling a lot with math but we are going to move right along and I just pray that one day it will click.  I have decided to stay with the Little Lincoln through our local school districts virtual academy.  I am still working full time so the idea of traditional homeschooling is completely out the window :(
  • she is growing like a weed again.  Tall, and putting on weight but in a muscle form.  She is solid and getting heavy! but she is still my tiny peanut.
  • she is no way shape or form the sweet little lady like princess girl! she is dirty, rough, loud, obnoxious, constantly on the move, usually annoying, :) and very imaginative.
  • she hates doing chores.  she will complain about them every single day. yes she will do them and do them pretty good but it is not without a theatrical display.
  • if it where up to her, her entire day would consist of playing.  Whenever it is time to do something all we hear  is "but mom...dad....I just want to play!"
  • she is in the mouthy stage and mommy is not happy about it.  it has been an ongoing battle for a few weeks now.  a new rule was put into place today, snotty mouth kids will have to start writing sentences and the number of sentences will double for each offense! :)
  • every single time we go somewhere she has to ask "is it far?" LOL!
  • she still loves reading, which I am so thrilled about.  We are reading Charlotte's Web right now and have only a couple of chapters left.  She has loved it so far.
  • her favorite color is purple, she wants to be a mechanic when she grows up, and she is afraid of all bugs!!
  • she barely watches TV but when she does she usually choses to watch Fast and Loud (Gas Monkey Garage) even though she has seen them all 100 times. 
  • she is funny and cracks me up every day.  Today every time she wanted something she tried to bribe me for it with a $1.25....which she did not have and I seriously have no clue why it was always just a $1.25.  And it was "ppplllleeeaaassseeeee....I'll give ya a dolla twenty five"
  • she loves to swim and is very good at it.  She has even started "diving" off the ladder this year and I was pretty impressed with her form. :)
  • in case you haven't noticed, she is beautiful.  it sometimes takes my breath away.  In the summer, her skin is so golden olive, her cheeks rosy and sun kissed and her eyes are so dark they almost look black.  her purple coloring is just all about washed out and it looks like her hair has darken up a lot this summer.  I also can't help but to love her short hair.  When I look back at old pictures I am shocked thinking WOW she looked like that? this style suits her and her personality.  and it so super easy to maintain!
  • she loves to learn about animals and her environment.  She will sit down and go through any informational book page by page, soaking up everything she reads.  things like math or writing, ....she could care less.  Science, reading, social studies...those are her true loves.  She is pretty darn good at spelling too. 
  • she still faces a few challenges due to her sensory issues but we are doing our best to teach her how to recognize and deal with it using self control. 
  • she is a follower.  sadly...my darling daughter would be one of the ones who would jump off the Brooklyn bridge just because everyone else was doing it.  and she would proudly admit it! :) LOL....we are working on that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.