Skip to main content
Amy - thank you! at least I know I am not a lone :) Sometimes it just feels real good to vent, I know it could be worse and that I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful and healthy daughter. At times you just feel so lost. But I am learning as I go. She is not a typical preschooler in anyway, and there is not a single person in my family or close friends who have the same experiences as we do - so a lot of what Jason and I do is trial and error. We loose our cool sometimes, we yell when we know we shouldn't, and we sometimes expect things of her that I just know she cannot do or tolerate. But I pray, Jason and I always talk it out and I depend a lot on my adoption world of friends.

On another note: how did dinner go tonight? we set a time limit of 40 minutes in that time she ate 2 bites of rice, 1 piece of pork chop, and 2 bites of veggies, and that was it. Jason and I kindly reminded her during the meal that she should be eating but we didn't force it and we kept everything calm. She tried SEVERAL times to pick a fight. Whined for no reason, she kept saying she wanted to go to bed (that use to be her choices- eat or go to bed, until she spent too many days going to bed at 6:30), "I don't like that", she drank all of her juice (we don't give her much at all) even though I told her she wouldn't get more, then she cried that couldn't eat because she was thirsty...the list just went on and on. Then the time limit hit, we got up and started cleaning up. She did her chores, was pretty happy the rest of the night and when she told me she was thirsty all she got was water.

I am not really sure what to make of it. She didn't seem to suffer about be hungry, which I was kinda hoping for. And I feel a bit like I let her "win". On the other hand, it was nice to have a stress free dinner. I am definitely going to continue with it and hopefully it doesn't back fire some how.

PS: I did weigh her last night and the scale said 32lbs. That was a shock. Tomorrow she has a well visit at the doctor so I will see what their scale says and keep you posted. We might have to have a 30lb party!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.