Skip to main content
I change the theme of my blog and by golly I haven't a thought in my head for 2 days. :)

Olena spent the night at my parents and I had such a great evening of doing nothing I kindly asked if she would be interested in keeping her a second night. I miss the little lady bug but on the other hand I have truly enjoyed the nothingness! Jason and I have both been just loafing around the house like "shouldn't we be doing something?" I sat in my favorite chair and stared out the window at the beautiful snow we just got and just day dreamed. That's all both of us have been doing for 2 days! I do look forward to the clean and refreshed state of mind tomorrow morning (after we get to sleep in!! HOORAY)

Tonight we did take a bit more advantage of the situation and went out to dinner at Applebees and then headed to Kmart for some light shopping. For the first time ever the two of use just wondered aimlessly around the store making several laps around all departments. It wasn't quite as much fun for me because it was J's gift card from my parents so he was of course spending the money on himself for a few needed items. I must admit I was very proud of his logic behind spending his gift this year. Usually he runs over to Sears and goes crazy buying a bunch of expensive stuff. Tonight at dinner he said "hey cant we use that card at Kmart since they are owned by Sears?" YES! great idea. So we walked out only spending about half of the money and he got a pair of new work boots, 2 set of new Dr Scholls insoles, a blanket to cover with in his recliner, a very nice thermal zip hoodie, a new winter hat, a MP3 cable so he can listen through his stereo speakers, a Biggest Loser workout DVD, and he even bought me a new bath loofah! what a great hubby!!! He did say I could get a new bath pillow too, but they didn't have any.

It was nice spending some time together and being able to actually carry on several uninterrupted conversations. At one point in our journey I asked him I was driving him nuts with all my talking? he kindly said, no! but I knew I was wearing on him a bit.
I have a habit of talking a bit too much. It has always been an ongoing joke in my family about my ability to chatter on endlessly. When I was young I would drive my poor father to the point of insanity while in the car because I would just talk and talk and talk. So he would always slowly continue turning up the volume on the radio every couple of minutes. After awhile I would stop just long enough to realize that at this point no one can really hear anything I am saying because the radio was blaring....so I would just give in and finally shut up!
When we got home, I called my mom to see how things were going. I was informed that she has managed to talk all day nonstop. At one point my dad just put his hands up and mom so kindly reminded him that she was MY daughter. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.