Skip to main content

flustered!!!!

I don't have a lot of time to post right now but I figured while the steam was still hot and my mind was running I would use my 10 minutes to type it out and let myself vent. This is one of those parents moments when you wouldn't mind duct taping your wonderful child to the chair and make sure you don't forget the mouth...ok so I would NEVER in my life do that, but I will admit...just thinking about it, did make me feel better for a moment.

Olena has a real issue when it comes to eating. Not even exaggerating, an average meal takes her about 45 minutes to finish and that is on a good day. Bad days, about an hour and a half. We never make it to 2 hours because I just won't put up with it for that long. She won't starve by breakfast. There are several reasons for this...1) from the second we say it is dinner time she is insisting she doesn't like what we are having. This is before she even knows what it is. There are very few things that I know she absolutely does not like and I don't ever serve them to her. So she will sit there for the first 5-10 minutes, fussing. Then she final gives in and starts to eat.

For about another 5 minutes she eats with no problem. Now the 2nd problem) she doesn't swallowing her food. She will sit there with one bite in her mouth, chewing forever if I would let her. I was told this has to do with her SID and it is a problem we have had since coming home. We have started counting to 5 when we notice she is stalling and it seems to help but the issue with this is what to do when she doesn't swallow by 5? do we punish her? If so, how? a swat on the butt would be best, or the infamous flick on the lip but that brings a whole other problem which I will enlighten you about later.

Now 3rd) she is a total busy body, she never stops moving! NEVER! so while she is giving us a hard time with eating add to it the fact that she can't stay focused on the task at hand because she is too busy flailing around like the energizer bunny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.