Skip to main content

Happy Birthday!

Today was Olena's 5th birthday. Hard to believe that she is 5! This year we kept it very simple and I have to admit it was surely one of my favorite - every year after the big hoopla party I have a stressed out kid, a dirty house, a headache and my wallet is a couple hundred dollars short. I took some time this year and really thought about it and decided that a day with just us and a very simple pleasures would be just perfect...and you know what, it was! We were lazy in the morning, went to the mall and played on the play scape, came home listened to music and read books, and played with toys. Last night I made a small cake and some tiny cupcakes which we had after dinner and I put up a few decorations to make it festive. This morning she got a few small presents - that honestly she could have cared less about ! and she got to stay up a little bit later tonight and we read her new Peter Pan book together. Now she sleeps! Good night little angel and Happy 5th Birthday.






We went tiny with the cake this year. She doesn't really cake and mommy and daddy don't really need it :)


rockin it out with the air guitar.



Her new pony from cousin Cheryl - His name is Al.




Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great birthday party!!! Olena looks adorable :-) Wish I was there....the cake looked yummy!!!!
Tonya said…
Happy Birthday Olena!!!:) I'm sorry we're late. We've had a crazy week!

Lyra says: I miss you. I wish I lived with you. Happy Birthday.

Solomon says: happy birthday Olena. I wish I could come to your party.

Silas says: Happy birthday, I miss you.

Micah says: Happy 5th birthday!

Karys says: ba-ba-ba

Noah is still sleeping but I'm sure that he would want to wish you a happy birthday too.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.