Skip to main content

a bath and relax.

I figured out a plan and all it took was a hot bath, in a dark relaxing setting.

Here it is: She is good about snacking, however right now we keep snacks to a minimum due to the fact that she gives us such a hard time about eating meals. SO instead, I will now increase snacks - keeping them all to basic healthy things like fresh fruit and veggies. She eats eggs in the morning with no problem so we will keep that as is. For lunch and dinner we will keep the time to about 35 minutes. Good thing is that we always eat at the kitchen table and everyone who is home sits down and eats together, everyday. Now at meal time we will show her on the clock how long it will last. Once we hit that time, meal time is over and we all clean up and go about our day/night. I won't have to be too worried about her not getting want she needs nutrition wise if I am smart about the snacks and the quantity we give her throughout the day. At night, dinner will be the last thing she eats so I would imagine that if she doesn't eat a majority of her dinner, she will go to bed hungry. After a few days I am confident she will get the idea and hopefully start finishing what is on her plate. Dinner is usually around 5:30-6:00 and bedtime is 7:30. And I love spending that couple of hours with her doing fun things, playing games and reading books together. Right now, the way things are is way out of hand. By the time she is done putting up such a fight - it is time for bed. She is suppose to clear off the table after dinner but because she takes so long J and I end up doing it. She also ends up missing her other chores for the night too. I know she is a structured kid, she cannot function without it. I have no clue why I didn't think of this earlier??

Wish us luck! :)

PS: I am not trying to be a neurotic mother - I know kids are kids and they all go through this. I know whats "normal" BUT what I have to keep in mind, that though she is very healthy at this point in time, she is extremely small. And not just for her age, she is underweight as well. She is also very very active. From the moment her eyes open until she passes out at night she is moving, jumping, climbing, running, and talking ....all at once :) Her body needs food to keep what little weight she does have - on. She has been 29lb for 2.5 years and that is with Jason and I being very watchful of her diet and what she intakes.

Comments

Amy said…
Christina!
You just described my son, Alex, and the way he gets thru the day! He is 11, and just hit 60 pounds. He still weighed about 30 pounds until the end of 1st grade or so.. he is the smallest kid in his middle school of 900 kids. We have gone round and round with doctors regarding the fact that he just WON'T eat... no appetite.
My advice to you would be to add protein to the snacks - like string cheese or trail mix (nuts).. just don't start eating them yourself! haha - that's my problem!
We have been taking Alex to an endochronologist for the "short stature"... They recently tested him for his growth hormones. Though she is alot younger - it might be something to put on the back burner for a few years down the road if she has not grown. I truly feel your pain with the eating thing. Alex also has FAS or extreme FAS-ED... apparently, that has alot to do with the bouncing off the walls for 23 hours a day - 7 days a week thing.. on top of no eating!
Ugh!
Sending you hugs!

Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.