Skip to main content

7 Year Check Up!

Jan 2007 - 2 year well visit.
She was 19 lbs and 31 inches tall.
Fast forward to last year.  Feb of 2011 - 6 year well visit.
She was up to 29 lbs and 39.5 inches tall.  We steadly climbed up roughly 2 lbs and 2 inches every year.

Now, Jan 2012 - 7 year well visit.
She puts on her little hospital gown, stands to be measured for her height.....42 inches. Ok our usual 2 inches. 

Then she stands on the scale... drumroll please..............................39.5 lbs. 
10.5 lbs in 11 months.  I almost fell out of my chair.  I couldn't believe it.  I told the medical assistant her scale was wrong and she giggled.  I said "no seriously, according to the scale you are telling me my daughter gained more this year than in the last 4 years." 
She just giggled again, wrote down the numbers on the paper, and started fishing back through the chart looking at last years numbers.  You could see her face start to get a look of concern and confusion as she shuffled back and forth through the thick chart.  I started laughing.  I looked at her and said "don't worry, it's right.  Yes she did gain over 10 lbs this year.  But it's a good thing." She left the room and when the doctor came in, she too was laughing.  The MA so was shocked she ran and told the doctor; her response was "well we finally we got that girl on the growth chart" and sure enough after 5 years, it seems we did!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job Olena!!!
Tonya said…
WOW! That is fantastic!:) Go, O!
ArtworkByRuth said…
Wow! I know 7 year olds that don't need a car seat any more because they meet the 8/80# rule by weight!
The Warchols said…
I have to look into that...honestly she still sits in the three point harness seat! That is bad huh, she is just so small I have kept her in. Guess I better take care of that soon. J and I joke that she will be in a car seat taking drivers ed! lol!!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.