Skip to main content
Today was start of Olena's second semester of co-op.  She has "We Love Books" and "Outdoor Survival" I am the teachers aid for W.L.B because it has over 23 first through third graders!
Then, Ms Locke, in Outdoor class said she would probably need a hand when it comes to building shelters and the hands on activities too.  Guess that means the 2 hours of reading time that mommy was looking forward too, won't quite be in the schedule this semester.  It's ok, I like being there with her, and it gives me a chance to watch over her.  She is smart as a whip and truthfully I don't have too much trouble keeping her attention here at home.  She will easily work on a project for 30-40 minutes if it interest her enough.  But oh my...what a difference a classroom makes.  This girl is in complete lala land the entire 2 hours.  She is so busy looking at everyone else, copying what they do, and fiddling around in her seat.  And it is never without fail, she is always drawn to the class clown...every single time.  She seeks him out like a hawk and he then becomes her point of interest throughout the entire class.  She laughs when he irritates the kid next to him, she copies his movements, she gets excited when he does, she studies him closely....it is a mothers nightmare! We have had several heart to heart talks but once she is in that class it as if she just can't control herself.  Sigh!! ...............We'll get through it.  We always do.  Tomorrow we start our lesson plan about horses. She is excited and it should be fun.
Things are always so much more pleasant within these walls! I love homeschooling. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.