Skip to main content

Happy 7th Bday!


Not that I believe it, but my baby is already 7...and yes I can call her my baby because she still is! :) It is always hard for me to process just how old she is. The fact that she is so small and that I missed the first 2 years, always makes me feel 2 years behind. I told her we should have gone backwards from 6 and did 5 all over again because 5 just feels right. She did not necessarily agree with me on that. Hey, it was worth a shot.

Her birthday was on Friday but Jason works afternoons and I didn't want him to miss out on anything so we waited until Saturday night and invited a few friends and family members over for a delicious cake and some ice cream. I figured after a couple of hours everyone would go home and we would have an early night...but boy was I wrong. It turned out to be a late night, with a house full of people, lots of laughs, and lots of fun. Olena didn't even go to bed until almost midnight....a first for her. The latest she has ever stayed up is 10:30. She was being so well behaved and was having so much fun, I figured it would be a nice bday treat for her. The cake was her choice. She wanted yellow batter, white frosting and purple flowers; and that is exactly what she got. It was yummy too. We like to get our cakes from Kroger with whipped frosting. The same lady has been making all of Olena's cakes since the day we brought her home...she is from Ukraine herself. It is one of the only times I can call and place an order using Olena's name and I do not have to spell it out for them.

We asked that gifts be kept to minimum to avoid any over stimulation (and over spoilage!) She got a beautiful horse bedding set from her Grampy, a few odds and ends from her aunt Rickie, the riding gear from my parents and her cousins passed on their Build a Bear collection (4 stuffed animals and a tote filled with over 50 outfits and tons of accessories) Which to my surprise she loved and has been playing with like crazy. She is not usually into "doll" stuff and clothes but then again they are all costumes for Hippo so I should have known she would love it.

Pictures below are of what Olena and I woke up too on Friday, the morning of her bday.  My schedule has been so hectic and I was so tired that I gave up on Thursday night.  I bit the bullet of guilt I felt, and just went to bed without decorating.  Well daddy came home from work, had a few barley pops with a friend and decided to decorate for me.  While I was extremely grateful and reminded of how blessed we are having such a marvelous daddy/husband I was bit less enthused with his confetti party.  Seems that drinking a few too many beers can make throwing confetti around, a little too much fun.  I did let her enjoy it for 2 whole days, but it took me over 45 minutes to vaccum up the mess it caused.  She liked it though, and said her room looked like vanilla ice cream with sprinkles...which is of course, her favorite! Happy Birthday Olena. 





Jason and I bought her a new pair of purple derby roller skates with wheels that light up. The original pair of skates we bought her last year are so beat up and the wheels are in rough shape.  She loves them and we spent the afternoon on Friday at Great Skate letting her break them in. We are now "regulars" at the rink. The workers are starting to recognize her, she has made a few friends, and has even earned a few admirers who love watching her tiny little self zoom around the rink.






Posted by Picasa

Comments

Tonya said…
Love those purple skates!

Happy Birthday Olena!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.