Skip to main content

A great day.

Today we had a fabulous day of school.  We studied horses.  Labelled parts of it's body, read about their senses and behaviors.  We also learned the proper names for their colors and markings.  Which I found pretty interesting myself.

She goes to therapeutic equestrian classes at Banbury Cross and they have all of the horses pictures and a biography on their website so we then went there, and she had to distinguish what color each one was and what marks they had using the reference web page. She really enjoyed it, and I know tomorrow once we get to class she is going to be pretty geeked about sharing her new knowledge. 
We also had a HUGE break through in math today.  As I have mentioned before addition and subtraction has been a bit of a struggle for us.  Today we went onto Starfall to do something a bit different and they added a new add/subtract game.  She was hooked and within a few minutes she caught on and was adding and subtracting like some mathematical genius (ok so I am exaggerating but that is what it felt like to me)

We have been working on this subject for months. I continued on with other things like reading a clock, greater than/less than and she can do all of that.  Every week I just made sure she continued to work on a few math problems every day using different media.  Worksheets, caulk board, salt tray, math blocks, board games, manipulative's....you name it....I tried it.  Today the switch finally flipped and the light bulb is burning bright! Thank you Lord :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.